Friday, March 19, 2010

Paying it Forward

It's amazing what an act of kindness can do to lift your spirits! I have been dealing with a very rough week, including a majorly flooded basement and several late nights at work. This morning there was nothing that I wanted more than a hot coffee to help me get my Friday morning started right. Of course, the fates were against me and my debit card was refusing to swipe. There was money there... it wasn't being declined... the line behind me was growing longer and longer and I was ready to abandon my lovely coffee and head to work before it was too late. All of a sudden, behind me I heard a voice. A very nice man handed the cashier $2 and told me taht he would help me out a buy my coffee... WOW! I didn't realize that these kind souls existed outside of the realm of fairy tales! I want to find a way now to thank this man by carrying on his act of kindness. Remember the movie, "Pay It Forward" ? I want to help three people with a random act of kindness the same way that this man stepped in and helped me. He doesn't even know how his simple act made my day! Thank God for good people!

No comments:

Post a Comment