Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Census-schmensus

Did you know that there is constantly being a census done? Neither did I... When I received a letter telling me that the hubster and I were living in one of 55,000 houses chosen for the census, I figured it was just a more in depth version of the paper one that we all do every 10 years. Wrong-o! The census lady was just here and she informed me that there are multiple censuses going on all of the time. We were picked to answer questions about our employment so they can tabulate their statistics for NJ's unemployment rate. There are also censuses for crime and other things that they feel they must compile statistics about. Who knew? She was nice enough... a little chatty, but I guess it's better than having her be miserable. Can you imagine... it would be like having the DMV come into your living room!
Now, mind you, I was in my sweats and make-up-less when she decided to ring the doorbell at this little slice of heaven. Normally I would look like the professional I am... or at least have brushed my hair... but I was tasked with staying on top of the continuing water problem from our Nor' Easter from this weekend. After my wonderful husband took care of it for three days and two nights on literally 3 hours of sleep, I figured I should step up and take a turn... Let's just say that 4 hours of sleep is not enough for anyone to feel civil.
As I sit here waiting until it is time for me to go back down to the basement to sop up more water, I am praying that we can BOTH manage to get at least 6 hours of sleep tonight... we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment