Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's been a while

Well... I have been rather delinquent in my posting recently! A lot has been happening in our lives. My mom has been diagnosed with breast cancer, had a double mastectomy, and is currently halfway through her chemo treatments. I have had to worry about losing my job in a NJ public school because of budget cuts, and I have simultaneously had to care about all of the minutia that goes into working with special needs students without letting them know how much my world has been turned upside-down.

With all of this behind me now, I have seen that I really am much stronger than I ever knew. Amazing...

I have the greatest friends and family for support and guidance. So many of them have been great at listening or just helping to distract me when I start to get a little manic. The best friend of all, though, has been my husband. He really has been great at talking me through all of this (his mom had cancer about 5 years ago) and keeping things in perspective. He is one of the few people who knows the best way to talk me down from the ledge, so to speak. I love that man!

But now on to happier things! My cousin is coming tomorrow with her two girls!!! Abby has grown up so much since I last saw her in July. Evan is only a few months old so she is going to be a totally new experience for us in the house. I have done everything that I can think of to baby proof (or in this case toddler proof) the house. You never realize how dangerous you house is until there will be a curious 1.5 year old roaming around! I can't wait! SO for now, I will leave with this happy thought and hopefully have some pictures to post soon of all of the fun we'll be having this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment